&t The Taylor Family: Labor Day

Monday, September 5

Labor Day

Happy Labor Day! As usual our Life Group met for breakfast this morning and enjoyed some fellowship and friendship over our meals. After lunch Peter had to get some work done so I took all the kids to see my childhood friend, Ginger, who was in town. She and her husband just had a baby 6 months ago and I was excited to meet her. I went over to Ginger's mom's house where she was staying. The children all played with the toys available while Ginger and I got to catch up and I got to hold her beautiful baby girl, Teagan. We hadn't seen each other since before Javan was born so we had a lot to talk about. After a few hours I gathered up the kids and headed home. I had told them that if they behaved and the weather was good I would take them to a splash park before going home. Well the girls did behave very well and Javan was good for a 2 year old boy but the weather was a bit threatening. We were in Longwood when we got left but I told the girls that it may be nicer up by our house so we would just have to see. There were some scary black clouds in sight but there was also some nice blue sky with sunshine so I told the girls we could go but wasn't sure how long we could stay. They all got their suits on and went to town in the splash pad. I had brought my book, Crazy Love, to finish up and we ended up staying about an hour. We still had to have dinner and get cleaned plus the kids have school tomorrow or we could have probably stayed longer. After some yummy grilled chicken, rice pilaf, and green beans the kids all cleaned up and went to bed a bit early. Peter and I were having some friends over for some adult conversation and dessert. Nothing beats a day full of friends and fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home