&t The Taylor Family: Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 24

Happy Thanksgiving

With so much to be thankful for it is hard to pick just a couple things to note. First and foremost I am thankful for our Awesome God who is so gracious and merciful even though I totally don’t deserve it. Of course I am thankful for my wonderful (and I am quite certain he is also the best) husband in the world. He supports me and encourages me like no other and reminds me constantly of the true meaning of this life is. Also, my three beautiful children who not only drive me absolutely crazy but somehow fill my life with more joy and love than I ever knew was possible before I became a mommy. That being said we can move on to the day’s festivities. All my brothers and sisters were coming in to town but with all of our schedules tomorrow seemed a better day to celebrate together. Since Peter and I didn’t have any plans I asked Christina what she and Noah were up to. They had planned a great dinner with a couple out of town friends and Christina’s mom and were very excited at the idea that we were available to join them. We took the morning easy and didn’t do much of anything other than lounge around. Eventually we got things together and headed out to Christina and Noah’s house for some fun. We arrived around 2 and the kids ran off to watch a movie as us adults conversed and I attempted to help with appetizers and setting tables. We played a couple games and the girls helped decorate one of the trees. Christina pretty much had everything under control, even with the about 20 things that were on the menu for the evening. After all the guests had arrived we enjoyed a fabulous dinner in which I cannot even begin to describe the wonderful gourmet foods that were had. Dinner was absolutely delicious and everyone cleaned their plates. I didn’t even have room for dessert, though I was tempted. Christina and I discussed how we have been friends for 22 years and this was the first time we had spent Thanksgiving together. Eventually I realized that we actually had spent the Thanksgiving in 2000 together when she lived in CA and we lived in AZ and she drove over to spend the weekend together. Apparently we are on the 11 year plan which is better than the 22 year plan. Once things were pretty cleaned up and leftovers were dished out to take home we gathered the crew and headed back. Thanks for an awesome night Christina and Noah!! You guys really know how to cook, I am never disappointed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home