&t The Taylor Family: Day 5 - Disembark

Thursday, January 26

Day 5 - Disembark

This morning was a bit hectic as we had to be out of our rooms by 8am and off the ship by 9am. It helped that we were all packed the night before and didn't
have to worry about that luggage though. I made sure we grabbed every last thing in our room and didn't leave anything behind and then we headed up for a light breakfast. We ate our last meal at Cabana's and I think Christina pointed out that we started in the same place as we were ending, almost the same table too. We could look out at the port and see Oscar waiting for us in the parking garage just like we could when had lunch the first day. I think this time though we were all a lot more tired and ready to see our own beds again. After we ate we headed down to the atrium and took a couple more photos before we
stepped off the ship for the last time. We found our luggage and went through customs with no problems and very little wait and then we found Oscar right where we had left him. We drove Christina and Noah home and then headed to our own home. Mom was there with Javan and I so happy to see him. I really missed him a lot. I think because I had my girls with me I missed him even more than I would have if it were just Peter and I there. The days on the ship seemed
really long so it felt like we had been gone for over a week but I know to Javan it only felt like a couple days. Our house was still just as clean as we had left it and I was very grateful that I am so anal about scrubbing everything top to bottom before we go anywhere. I unpacked everything quickly and washed our dirty laundry and then ran to the store for a couple staples before I can do a real grocery shopping.
I don't have to work tomorrow but I think I am going to so I don't have to use any more of my PTO hours. We have another trip planned in April and it is going to be a pretty long one so I need all the hours I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home