&t The Taylor Family: Girl's Weekend Getaway Day 1

Friday, October 19

Girl's Weekend Getaway Day 1

I had some fun plans made up for the girls and I this weekend. They had no clue what we were going to do just that I had a surprise for them. Today was a teacher work day at school the girls were
off. I made up a list of different things that needed to be done before we could go and told them the sooner they were done the sooner we would get to start having fun. The girls set to work on the list while I went to the doctor. I was gone for an hour
or so and the girls were still working when I got home. I really thought they would be done but they were taking their time. Time past and was ready to leave but they were not so I took Javan to the first thing that I had planned. We drove down to the Friday Farmer's Market where they were giving all the kids little pumpkins to paint. Javan worked really hard and made a beautiful pumpkin. When we got home the girls were still working. I thought we might go to lunch but it was getting later so sandwiches were made. Finally the girls finished up all the things on the list and had their items packed for our getaway so we got in the car and drove to our first stop.
We met Mom at the Dollar Theater in Altamonte where we watched Brave in 3D. We have already seen the movie (not in 3D though) but they girls really liked it and it's not out on DVD yet. We shared a huge tub of popcorn and after the movie we said goodbye to Grandma and we headed to a hotel.
We arrived at Caribe Royal, checked in and found our room and then the girls got dressed in their swimsuits and we headed out to the pool that has a huge water-slide and waterfall. I sat and read a couple books while the girls made new friends and swam for a couple hours. They had a great time and if they didn't want to eat dinner
it probably would've been harder to get them away. We went to a restaurant in the hotel and ordered a pizza. The girls each picked out a dessert and drink and then we took all the food back up to our rooms. They got dressed in jammies and before we started dinner I asked, "what have we not done that we are supposed to do whenever we go to a hotel?"
They thought for a second and then Bresa got up on her bed and started jumping. That's right we have to jump on the beds. Since we aren't aloud to jump on our beds at home the girls know that hotel beds are fair game. They jumped until they were too tired and then we ate our food in bed while we watched some Animal Planet. When dinner and dessert was finished we turned off the TV and had some girl talk while we each got pedicures and manicures with the
supplies I had brought from home. We let our toes and fingernails dry and then it was time for bed. I had an even bigger day planned for tomorrow and we all needed to get a good night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home