&t The Taylor Family: Crafts and Such

Saturday, July 6

Crafts and Such

I love doing crafts, and crafts that aren't super messy or time consuming are even better. I like to get the kids to do things but if they take too long the children get frustrated or discouraged before they're done and want to quit without finishing. I saw this completed craft at a friend's house and she told me that a babysitter had done it with the children while they were away but gave me a brief description of how it was done. I did a quick
Google search and found what I needed then picked up a couple things at the store so we could get our creativity going. When the kids started to get restless between lunch and dinner and started asking if they could play on the Wii or on the computer or on Daddy or my iPads, or iPhones I decided it was time to make some fun. I really don't like it when the kids want to hang out in front of the tv for
hours on end and I don't want all their free time to be eaten up with electronics. Since it's too hot to play outside for more than 10 minutes without getting super sweaty I like to have them do crafts instead. Today I called them out and set up their places and then gave them brief instructions and told them our crafts would be for Grandma. I want to make a large version of the cross for our house but didn't want to jump right into that without a little practice first. After using some clear contact paper and cut out squares of tissue
paper the kids made beautiful crosses that look like stained glass when you hang them in the sunlight of a window. Everyone was very happy with their finished work and the set up and clean up was simple and quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home