&t The Taylor Family: Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 28

Happy Thanksgiving

Peter and I are very grateful for all the
ways God has moved in our lives this past year. This is our first Thanksgiving in our new house and we were excited to host for our parents. My mom and Jim came over and Peter's Dad did also. We also invited our next door neighbor to join us when we found out he didn't have any plans. I have only cooked a couple turkeys in my day because normally we go over to other families homes and the host usually provides the bird. Peter and I wanted
this turkey to be the best and I though I thought my mom's classic method was good I always think there is room for improvement. We did a bunch of research and ended up doing some pretty weird things to our bird but we didn't tell anyone any of it until after they had tasted it and told us how delicious it was. We brined our bird for the first time ever and we cooked it upside down (breast side down) for the
first 2/3 of the cooking time. We didn't stuff the bird as we know this adds to the turkey being dry and we didn't baste it once and we left it uncovered the whole time. We weren't really sure what to expect but it was so good and I am pretty sure we will repeat this method from now on. All our guests brought food to share so my part as host was not as overwhelming. We had a great time conversing and just relaxing on this wonderful cold day. I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home