&t The Taylor Family: Shopped Closed

Sunday, October 15

Shopped Closed

Today we put out our things once more to see what else we could get rid of. The neighborhood garage sale was just for Saturday but we already had it all put together so I made a few signs and posted them on a busy street today. We did really well too. We figured we would close up shop around 1:00 but the foot traffic was pretty good so we ended up staying open until about 3:00. My mom and I both got rid of just about all our high ticket items, there was really only one or two things that didn't go. We packed up some of the nicer things to store until the next garage sale day and then the rest we donated to Winter Park High School who are going to have a rummage sale next week. In the end with my mom, myself, and a couple of neighbors things we were just short of making $500. Half of that was mine from all the things I brought over. When we have garage sales we make sure to write down each thing that is sold and for how much under each persons name. That way at the end of the day we can disburse the money accordingly and no one feels cheated. I made out better than I expected and my mom was also really impressed with the money she earned. It's so odd how so many little things can add up to so much so fast. I was in charge of counting out the bank and making sure everything was accounted for. We always use the same metal box for the money so tonight we had to retire it to it's hiding spot until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home