&t The Taylor Family: Oh Christmas Tree

Friday, December 1

Oh Christmas Tree

When I was growing up I always had a real tree, I love the smell and feel of it and even though you had to vacuum up all the fallen needles and water it constantly, nothing could compare. Well last year Peter and I couldn't afford a real tree so we weren't going to get a tree at all. Somehow we found ourselves in Target and there was a sad little fake tree for $17. We figured out what we could cut back on in order to get the tree and after we brought it home we tried to make it pretty. Since it was fake we stored it in the attic all year and we are so happy we did because if we hadn't we definitely would not have a tree this year. We got out the tree and the ornaments last night and the girls had a blast decorating it all up. This was the first year Abbi could help so Brye tried to show her how it was done. Somehow all the ornaments ended up on two or three branches so Peter stepped in to help disburse them. When all was said and done the tree didn't look much better than it did in the box but the girls were happy and that's all that really matters. I must say I am a bit depressed though, I really wanted this years Christmas to be perfect since it will be our last one if FL, I don't mind so much about the tree but there were a lot of things I had planned and just found out they will have to wait. As long as Brye and Abbi have a great time than I can't really ask for anything more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home