&t The Taylor Family: Dig it up!

Sunday, January 21

Dig it up!

Chris came over this morning and helped Peter dig up the backyard. We are planning on putting a porch in and we are going to do as much work ourselves as we can. Well, okay, so I can't really do much work but I am very good at supervising. LOL Peter had started digging up the yard yesterday and got about a 1/3 done and today with Chris' help they finished the job. It doesn't look like much now but I am really excited about it. My Dad and Judy have a panel porch that they don't need so we are using that with the screening and all to put up behind our house. The only thing we have to pay for is the concrete for the slab. Once Peter gets the ground level and sloped right and then staked off we will get the proper measurements so that I can call around and get some quotes. If it isn't too much more than we will pay someone to come pour it for us but if the difference is a lot we will do the work ourselves with my Dad's concrete mixer. Next week we have to go take down the porch from my Dad's house, they are having their roof extended to put in a screened in pool so they would just throw all the materials away otherwise. Thanks so much for all your help Chris! There is no way we could have finished today without you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home