&t The Taylor Family: Cache to learn

Friday, April 13

Cache to learn

Earlier this week a new cache was published in my area. It wasn't your typical 'find this cache and trade gear and be on your way cache' it had theme of reading. The owner of the cache placed it in a preserve behind the Deltona Library and filled an enormous ammo can with many different children books. On his post page he said to take your kids and read them a story from the cache and enjoy the benefits of reading to your children. There is also a separate bag of goodies for trading if you would like but the real reason for the cache was for reading. I took the girls today to the cache, it was placed easily so that children could make the find so there was no tough bushwacking or difficult terrian to endure. I found the can easily (it was probably as tall as Abbi) and we sat at the nearby pavilion to read some stories. The girls loved this cache, we read a few different books together and then each of the girls read their own while I took pictures and signed the caches log. This cache was a really great idea and I am happy that the girls and I got to visit it today, especially with the beautiful weather we had all day.

On another note, Peter is in New Jersey this weekend so I dropped Brye off at Grandma's house and Abbi and I are going over to my friend, Reba's, house in Daytona Beach tomorrow and staying the night so I will not be posting again until Sunday. Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home