&t The Taylor Family: Finally Free

Sunday, May 20

Finally Free

Well, after 6 days in the hospital the Dr finally released me. I really hated it there it was really awful. I can safely say that I have been poked over 50 times to draw blood, get shots, check blood sugar, etc. I had to be on an IV drip for about 4.5 days and then I was on Oxygen for 2 days. I had to be on a contraction monitor 24/7 and they had to check the babies heartbeats and tones every 8 hours for an hour at first and then they reduced it just to make sure they were all doing well. I have a terbutaline pump in my leg right now and I have to change the medicine every 2 days and the needle and tubing every 5 days. It's really painful when I change it but after a few minutes it stops hurting. I have to be careful of the tubing though because it is easy to forget about it and pull on it and that's not fun. I was really miserable at the hospital so I am so happy to be out now. My Dr thought our house was too far away so I didn't get to go home but we are staying at my dad's house for now which is about half the distance from the hospital to our house. I am just so happy to be out of there. One of the nurses was so mean to me that I spent a whole day crying but for the most part the rest were really sweet and helpful. The hardest thing was being hooked up to everything all the time and not being able to even roll over freely. I was so relieved when they finally took the IV out, they left it in my arm but I wasn't hooked up and that was enough for me. Then they took the O2 off and I started to feel better. The nurses even came in and said that I seemed like I was a different person. I was so depressed but now I am much better. The whole time I was there there were no complications with the babies at all so that is very promising! We want these babies to stay in here until they are strong enough to make it without much assistance when they do choose to appear. From home I have to take care of my terb-pump and I have a monitor that I have to be on for 2 hours everyday to check for contractions. I also have to take my blood pressure and pulse everyday. I really can't say that it is much fun but I will do anything to stay out of the hospital. All that stress and depression can't be good for me or the babies now that I am out I am on complete bedrest but even still it is better than it could be. The whole time I was in the hospital I really wished I had a small camera so I could take misc pictures of things for the blog and myself. I have my cell camera but it isn't worth anything when there isn't much lighting. Also I didn't want to offend everyone with my noisy and super compressed images. Hopefully soon I will have a little camera to take around with me when I am out. Peter's been great to me and really taking care of things around here. My mom took the girls for almost the whole week and then Kim took them overnight until yesterday. I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers and also their well wishes and sweet emails. I had a few visitors in while in the hospital and nothing makes you feel better than to know you have friends that care. Thank you to everyone who called, wrote, or stopped by you have no idea how much it was appreciated. Please continue to keep me and the babies in your prayers for a timely and safe delivery for all.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am glad you are out! I wanted to call you, but I was worried about interrupting or waking you up. Anyway, I am glad you got to go to your Dad's. Is there a good time for me to call you now? Take care,love and miss!

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noah and I are pleased to hear you are finally out of the hospital. Hopefully you won't have to go again until its time to deliver. Miss you and love you.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chellee,
I am glad you are out of the hospital. If you are in again and get a "mean" nurse just call me and I assure you I will help her find her sunny side. When you are sick you don't need to put up with that. I hope all continues to go well. You take care of yourself!
Keep me updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home