&t The Taylor Family: Recovery: Day 9

Wednesday, June 13

Recovery: Day 9

Yesterday was the first day that I actually started to feel better. My mom came over and helped with the house and watched the kids while Peter was at work. I was actually able to get up for a little bit and do a bit of walking. I thought that I was finally on my way to recovery but this morning I woke up and found my bandage over my incision filled with blood. I hadn't had much bleeding at all in the last couple of days so this alarmed me enough and I made a promise to Peter that I would call the doctor. I was really afraid to call because I didn't want any more pain inflicted on me and I was afraid of what they would say. So anyhow I finally got up the courage to call and they wanted me to come in today. They were worried that my incision was infected and they wanted to check it out right away. I had an appointment for this coming Monday but they said that was too long to wait. Peter closed his shop early and we went in to the Dr's office and had them check me out. They said everything looked good and that my bleeding was probably the result of a blood clot. They put new sutures on it where the old ones had dried and fallen off. They said I was good to go but where the incision had opened it would take longer to heal. Not really what I wanted to hear but I was too happy that it wasn't infected to care. So still recovering and I am starting to feel better but I still can't really do much of anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home