&t The Taylor Family: Navy Basic Training Graduation

Friday, September 21

Navy Basic Training Graduation

We made it safely to IL and found our hotel and got a car. Friday morning we had to get up early to go to Brian's graduation from his basic training course. I was so excited to see him and finally after having our car searched and going through security we were finally seated in the balcony of the hall where the ceremony was to take place. The ceremony was a couple hours long and I was a little impatient for it to be over because I really wanted to see my brother. We were able to pick him out of the 961 other graduates and I took a few pictures for him to have. Finally the authorities told us to go get our Sailors and all the visitors made a mad dash towards the men in white. Brian was looking for us everywhere and didn't realize we were up top. We didn't want to get lost in the crowd below so we were trying to get his attention without going down stairs. Finally he saw me and his face just lit up! It was so great to see him. We met on the ground level and gave lots of hugs, I was so proud of him and all he accomplished! He looked great in his uniform and I was very proud to be his sister. There were a few kids who fainted during the ceremony because they locked their knees while standing at a attention. I was so afraid Brian would but he was great and didn't have any problems. After we finally got off base we got some food and wandered the nearby mall. We found an arcade and played some shooting games and air hockey. Later Brian wanted to make some phone calls so Janell and I went to find a cache (actually Janell is the one who found it) and then we all grabbed dinner and took Brian back to the base. The kid in the picture with Brian was his "rackmate."

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Smith Family said...

Congratulations to Brian! Wish we could have been there too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home