&t The Taylor Family: One final time

Sunday, September 23

One final time

Sunday morning we picked Brian up again and headed up to Wisconsin. It was only ten miles north of where we were and I really wanted to get a cache in that state so I could add it to my map. Janell had found that the Jelly Belly Factory was just over the border and that they gave free tours. We told Brian he would love it and that all the sailors were going. He didn't believe us but he humored us anyhow and went along. When we got there we tried a bunch of samples. Some of the ones they had were really nasty flavors (dirt, earthworm, earwax, etc). I stayed away from most of those though I did try grass, soap, and bacon. Yes, they really did taste like their names. Brian tried every single gross flavor and said the worst tasting ones included vomit and rotten eggs (go figure). We took the tour around the plant but it was pretty lame. There were other Sailors there so now Brian can't deny that he went. We bought some gifts in the shop and then headed a little farther North to The Cheese Castle. It was a pretty shady place but we made it out alive. Jim bought some cheese and sausage (I wanted to get some from Peter but I knew it wouldn't keep that long in without refrigeration). They had really good odd brand rootbeers though so we helped ourselves to a couple of those and then grabbed a couple caches before we had to get Janell back to the hotel so she could make her flight. After lunch Brian said he wanted to go play video games at the arcade again so Mom took us to the mall and walked around while Brian and I shot at things and played some more air hockey. We had some good talks and I really enjoyed being able to spend some more time with him. He had to back on base at 6 that night so we had to cut our fun short. It was really hard saying good bye to him again. I really missed him while he was gone and now he has six more months of A-School before he gets a full leave. Hopefully he will be able to come home for Christmas in a couple months and perhaps I can go back up to visit him again. I cried when we had to let him go and return to our hotel. I am so proud of him and how far he has already made it. BT is so hard and I know I wouldn't last in there. I can't wait until I can see him again, hopefully soon he will be free to use the phone regularly and we can catch up some more.


I have a friend Sherry who moved to Chicago a little less than a year ago. We talked a lot after the babies were born and when I realized that I was coming up there we made plans to get together. I wasn't there for very long so I was happy that we did get to meet up and chat. Sunday night we met at a coffee shop and just talked until I had to get back. I was so happy to see her, it had been so long. Thanks Sherry for the drink and I will probably be taking you up on your offer to stay with you guys if I return to the area! It was so great seeing you!!

1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Smith Family said...

Augh! You went to the Jelly Belly factory?! How cool is that?! I LOVE Jelly Bellies!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home