&t The Taylor Family: Back to the Woods

Tuesday, January 1

Back to the Woods

Since I had the day off of work today, Steve and Heather and I decided to make a day of caching out of it. We loaded up the kids in Steve's car and headed up the Ocala National Forest. There is an abundance of quick park and grabs up there and there are never any onlookers or traffic to have to deal with. We took some scary winding roads and trails we weren't sure we would be able to drive through without getting stuck and found many caches to add to our numbers. The kids were really great and hardly fussed at all. I am not really sure how many I ended up with, I haven't logged my finds yet and I didn't take notes just lots of pictures. Steve and Heather ended up getting a few more than me since we stopped at a couple that I had already grabbed when I did the Finder's Fest back in October last year. Since Steve has gotten here I have found about 25 caches in just a couple of days and before he had gotten here I hadn't gone caching in almost a month. With school, work, the girls, and Christmas it has just been hard for me to find the time. It was very refreshing to get out and grab some finds today and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. We had a great time and we saw some really cool things. We were hoping to see more wild life but we didn't see much more than some birds and a few hunting dogs. Often times when reading other cachers logs or talking with them they will tell you about how they saw black bears (don't worry they are herbivores) while they were out. We saw plenty of deer tracks but no deer to go with them. When we finally headed back home the sun was already setting and the temperature had dropped quite a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home