&t The Taylor Family: Happy Birthday to me!!

Friday, March 26

Happy Birthday to me!!

I am officially 28 today! I started off the day like usual and got up and went to work. A couple people knew it was my birthday already but it didn't take long for the word to spread. My sergeant took me out to lunch at Panera where a bunch of people from CID (Criminal Investigations Division, where I work) at work joined us. My friend, Radley, brought me chocolate and a Dunkin Donuts giftcard (which I am pretty sure will be used up in no time) and later Peter delivered beautiful Gerber Daisies (my favorite) to me. I am taking the next 11 days off of work so I wanted to make sure to finish up everything and get the officers squared away with their evidence needs and make sure that I didn't leave any loose ends. I had a volunteer help me all day and we got through 4 boxes of tapes I wasn't expecting to touch so that was nice. I sent in my tech logs and numbers and set up my voicemail and email away alert and then I was on my way home. When I got home Peter was cleaning up the house. He had bought stuff to make dinner and invited our friends, Kelli and Woody, over to hang out. I was excited about that as I love to be around friends. They came over and the kids all played together and then we had our dinner and played some Mariokart and we taught them how to play Mexican Train. The babies went down earlier in the evening and at some point both of the girls put themselves to bed (Abbi even missed out on my ice cream cake) and poor Joshua didn't know what to do with himself. He was a good boy though and played quietly until we finished up. I had a great time and enjoyed my whole day, even if I did have to work. Only two more years and then I will hit 30, I guess I should enjoy my 20's while I still have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home