&t The Taylor Family: "The House at Pooh Corner" at The Orlando REP Theatre

Saturday, October 23

"The House at Pooh Corner" at The Orlando REP Theatre

For our Anniversary, Peter's dad gave us a gift certificate for the Repertory Theatre in Orlando. They have a bunch of different plays for adults and young audiences. The certificate we got was for three shows for four people (Javan is free). It took me a while but I finally figured out which plays we should see and called to arrange all the tickets. The first one was The House at Pooh Corner. I picked this one just for Javan because he LOVES Winnie the Pooh. I wasn't sure how he would do sitting for the whole play but I knew there were going to be other little kids so if he got fussy he wouldn't be the only one. The REP theatre is located just across from the Science Center and when we got there we found they were having their annual Veg Fest. We had shown up to the theatre early to go to the box office and make sure everything was straight so we had a good hour before the show was to start. I called my friend, Angella who works at the Science Center and sure enough she was there. She came out and met us and we just walked around and talked. Eventually we ended up in the shade of a bunch of oak trees and the kids played in the beautiful weather until it was time to go get our seats. We said good bye to Angella and went in. Before the show started we washed up and the kids found the Activity Station where they could color and cut out the Pooh Characters to make stick puppets of. They kept busy until just before the show was to start. When we went in to find our seats we found out that I had called early enough to get front row seating. The girls were very happy about this and soon the show began. It wasn't at all what I expected but it was very good. The actors ranged from little girls, maybe 7-8, to adults. Javan did amazing and was completely taken by the whole show. He sat very quietly on Daddy's lap the whole time and watched each moment. After the show the characters came out and allowed people to get autographs. Bresa really wanted them to sign her program so she went to each character and asked them to sign for her. Abbi didn't want to do that so she stayed back with Daddy and just watched. When you buy your tickets you can pay a little extra and have a dinner catered by Sonny's BBQ after the show. I decided to do this for two of the three shows but I couldn't remember which ones. When we got our tickets earlier they informed us that we had the dinner tickets too. I was really surprised because I had totally forgotten that I had done that. So we sat and ate dinner and the girls got some treats and toys too. We had a really good time and I was happy that Javan was so well behaved and enjoyed himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home