&t The Taylor Family: Happy Birthday Javan

Sunday, January 16

Happy Birthday Javan

Yesterday was actually Javan's Birthday but we were busy all day so we didn't get to celebrate with friends and family until today. Peter and I had talked about and it and we weren't going to do anything outside of a small immediate family celebration but after talking to my friends Thursday night it was clear there were other people who wanted to celebrate. They all remembered getting the Thursday night call 2 years ago and hearing "It's a boy!" Hard to believe it was two years ago that they each took turns bringing our family dinner for a whole month as we got settled into our new family of five. I arranged for a small gathering tonight to celebrate our little man who is growing up way too fast. After church I went to Rena's Bridal Shower so Peter and I decided we would do a hot dog dinner for everyone and Brenda offered to make Javan's cake. It was a nice simple gathering and although I asked that no one bring presents Javan ended up with a lot of toys. I think his favorite toy of all was the Buzz Lightyear that Joshua gave to him that is just like the one in Toy Story with the retractable wings. laser, and catch phrases. After hot dogs and presents I cut into the cake which Brenda made so wonderfully. I asked for just a simple white on white cake with maybe a number 2 on it. Brenda did just that and got a cool Buzz Lightyear candle for it too, as always the cake tasted delicious! Thanks to all our family and friends who came out last minute to celebrate our little boy. Happy Birthday Javan, you are mommy's favorite boy in the whole world. I love you so much and I am so proud of you, I cannot wait to see the man of God you will grow up to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home