&t The Taylor Family: Tampa Trip

Wednesday, February 2

Tampa Trip

Last week, before we found out about Pepere, Peter and I had planned a little trip to Tampa for his birthday. We had to be in Tampa on Tuesday for an appointment and my mom said she would watch the kids if we wanted to spend a couple days out there. I had already asked for Monday and Tuesday off this week so we could go and then when Pepere died my Sergeant canceled my personal time and gave me the whole week as bereavement time. I wasn't sure if we were still going to go out but I had booked a hotel on hotwire for Sunday night and our friends were expecting us on Monday. When my Dad told me Pepere's ceremony wouldn't be until next Saturday we decided we would still head out and not lose the money we had already paid for the hotel. After church on Sunday I started a new Crown class that got out at 6 and then after getting home and packing and waiting for my mom to show, Peter and I headed out the door for our 2 hour drive. We got to our hotel which we got an amazing price on and just stayed in and relaxed quietly. We didn't really have any plans so we slept in late on Monday and then eventually checked out and went to lunch. We pretty much just wandered the local malls during the day and then met up with our friends, Vandita and Anupam. We were staying at their house Monday night and they took us out to Outback for a nice birthday dinner for Peter. We stayed up and talked for a while before going to sleep and then in the morning we had breakfast at the house. After a while Peter and I headed out so that Anupam could get to work (Vandita had already left). Again, we didn't have anything planned but Peter wanted to check out some pawn shops. I guess he often thinks about stopping at them but always has the kids so he doesn't get the chance. He wasn't looking for anything in particular just wanted to see what they had to offer. Around lunch time we met up with Reba at Panera and got to hang out a bit while she was on her lunch break. It was time for our appointment after that so we headed over to the office and then headed home after we were through a couple hours later. We were going home right about rush hour time so we hit some congestion but it wasn't too bad and didn't last too long. We were happy to get home to our babies and Goose. Thanks mom for watching the kids so we could get out for a bit! It was nice not to have to drive to and from Tampa in one day after getting off of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home