&t The Taylor Family: Rained Out

Tuesday, August 9

Rained Out

This morning Peter and I took the girls to a surprise of "something fun that we have never done before". Javan and Grandma stayed behind and were going to go to the beach after we left. Peter and I drove down the street a couple miles and stopped at a place called JB Fish Camp. It is a restaurant but also has rentals for fishing gear and kayaks. Peter and I have been canoeing before but never kayaking so we decided to take the girls on our first go. We rented two double kayaks and Bresa sat with me and Abbi went in Daddy's kayak. We didn't get very far past the boat launch when the rain started in. First it was just a little sprinkle to a harder steady fall and then it cleared up for a little bit. We had started to head back to the boat launch when the rain cleared so we figured we would just go across the bay there to the marsh. As we approached the marsh the rain really started to pour down. I thought it was kind of scary but we weren't too far from the boat launch so I knew we would be okay. I just prayed that God would give me the strength to paddle back (Bresa was more of a hinderance than a helper just because she didn't know how to do it). Peter and I didn't know it was to rain so early in the day. We expected some rain in the afternoon but when we left the condo it was nice and blue out. We pulled the kayaks back up to the shore and went to pay but since we got rained out and didn't get to really go out at all the guy didn't charge us so we will most likely be back later in the week. The time we did spend was fun and I didn't even care about getting wet in the rain. We went back to the condo and mom and Javan still hadn't left yet. We told her about the rain just down the road but she decided to still go to the beach with the little man. The rest of us stayed back and went to the pool for a little bit and then went inside to get showers and cleaned up. After we were all clean the four of us played a game of Sorry as the skies grew darker outside. Pretty soon the rain started down again and we expected Grandma to return any moment with the boy. We turned a movie on for the girls and Peter and I read some. As the rain got heavier I decided to call mom but just as I did she walked up carrying my little boy all wrapped in a towel. There was no thunder or lightning so when the rain had started they just sat under an umbrella at the beach and kept each other warm. I washed Javan up in the shower and then I laid down for a little rest in the perfect napping weather. Just before I got up Grandma did the same. When I went downstairs I cleaned up a bit and then started dinner. Eventually Grandma came down too and I finished making the baked chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Dinner was great and hit the spot and after a little strawberry shortcake we put Javan to bed while Grandma and Abbi ran to the store. Bresa practiced her violin while Daddy and I did more reading. When Grandma got home the girls went to bed and Peter started the movie Pay it Forward for us adults. I finished my book, Bait of Satan that my Life Group ladies have all decided to read together, and then I watched about half the movie before Peter and I decided to head upstairs to go to bed. So it may have been a rainy day that prevented us from doing much outside but it was a nice relaxing day of rest and peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home