&t The Taylor Family: Sew it up

Sunday, September 11

Sew it up

For a few weeks now Bresa has been asking me to teach her to sew. She said she wanted to know how to make doll clothes for her animals and dolls and wanted me to show her. I was not opposed to it but I wasn't really sure how to go about starting it either. I went to Michaels looking for a simple sew kit that would get her to understand the most general stitches and their purposes but there was nothing that really stood out to me. When my mom asked what they wanted for Christmas this year I told her about Bresa and a sewing activity. My mom was pretty excited about the idea and decided she would show both the girls this weekend while Peter and I were away. They all went to Michaels and got materials to make pumpkin pillows. Mom started by showing the girls how to sew buttons (for the eyes), then embroider (the nose), how to sew material together (the mouth), and finally sew a seam to make a pocket before stuffing it with fluff. When Peter and I got home the girls were just finishing up their pillows and they had both done a beautiful job! Bresa was so proud of herself and wanted to show me each detail. They really did a great job and I was really impressed, not only with the girl's ability, but also in the creativity mom had with the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home