&t The Taylor Family: Going Home

Thursday, November 3

Going Home

Last night around 10 or shortly after Peter and I went to bed. I took some minor medication for the cramps I had been feeling. I really wanted to get a good nights sleep and I knew the pain would most likely wake me up.  I didn't have any trouble falling asleep as I was so tired from not getting much yesterday.  I slept until exactly 5am when my body decided it was time to get up.  Peter woke up about 10 minutes later but wanted to go back to sleep so I figured I would try too.  I asked him if he wanted to share the bed with me and he got pretty excited.  We found a comfortable position and soon we were both asleep again. I think that sleep was better than any other I had in the last couple of days.  Around 8am we woke up again and decided to stay up.  Peter ordered me breakfast and when it came there was enough to share.  We didn't do much just relaxed and caught up on emails and texts again.  We watched the TV a bit and read some from our books.  It was nice not be on a schedule or have to worry about childcare things.  Around 10 the IPs came in to say hi.  Last night they had brought me some bottles so I could try and pump some so this morning I had just a little bit for them to take.  I asked about baby B and they said she was doing well but they were waiting for her to have a bowel movement before they would consider letting her leave the NICU.  After the IPs left we were served a special couple's lunch that is provided for patients and their spouses who just gave birth.  The food wasn't too great but there was a decent quantity of it so it filled us both up nicely.  Around 1:15pm my doctor came in and talked about follow up appointments and made sure that I knew the routine.  Shortly after that a nurse came in with the discharge papers and told us there was no rush for us to leave but that we could whenever we wanted to. I had spoken to the IPs and they said that as soon as baby B had drank the milk I pumped for her she had a bowel movement and now everything was looking great. Around 3 Peter and I went up to the nursery to see the babies. It was baby B's feeding time and the IPs were with them. They had taken baby A into the NICU with them so the sisters could be together. I picked up baby A and held her while the IM fed baby B. When she was through she handed me baby B so I could finally hold her. The IPs wanted a picture of me with both babies which was a dream for me as it was all I wanted from the first surrogacy but never received. I sat in the rocking chair and held a baby in each arm. It wasn't hard to get me to smile for the camera for those shots. Peter took baby A and I just sat and held B for a while. Eventually we went back to our room to pack our things and Peter started taking things to the car. Our friends Bill and Brenda came as we were getting ready to go so we took them to the nursery and showed off the sweet little girls. When it was time we said good bye to everyone and headed back to our house. I was really excited to see my children and my bed. It had only been a day and a half but it felt like we were gone for at least a week. We stopped on the way home to get a few things from the pharmacy and then made it back to the house. Abbi was very happy to see me, my mom said she was worried about me since I had to be in the hospital. Bresa wanted to know about the babies and when she would get to hold them. We showed the girls a bunch of pictures and told them we would meet up with the parents in a couple weeks after the babies were home and things were a little more settled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home