&t The Taylor Family: PEAF Elections

Wednesday, June 27

PEAF Elections

Two years ago I posted that I had been elected Vice President of our local Chapter's Property and Evidence Association of Florida. Well, since our terms are two years long it was once again time for elections. Having served this last term I came to realize how much more could be done for our community of Evidence and Crime Scene Technicians. The Secretary and I were able to get several more agencies within our chapter involved and now we are probably the most active
Chapter (of 8) in the whole state. Knowing there is more work to be done I decided to step it up and run for President. This of course includes much more responsibility, most of which is in organizing our next State Conference which we hold each February, but it is exciting and I am up for the challenge. Well we had our elections at our meeting today and I am happy to say I have now stepped into the Presidency position. My goal for this year is to get Chapter 1, which has pretty much fallen from radar back on the set and in full swing. I have already discussed with our new secretary what will be required to do this and we are both excited about what this new change could mean for our organization. I love PEAF and I can easily say that these are the best people I have ever had the joy of working with. We all have the same jobs but there is no animosity or tension because we all work for different agencies and we can vent and complain or praise and brag and we all know exactly where each of us is coming from and came completely relate. I am truly honored to hold this position and to be able to work among so many wonderful colleagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home