&t The Taylor Family: Changing Seasons

Friday, November 29

Changing Seasons

With Thanksgiving now behind us it's time to move on to Christmas. Bryanna went home with Grandma yesterday so we just had the two younger children home. Peter's brother, Chris, came to stay with us so while the two of them were playing with guitar stuff Abbi, Javan and I decided to make this house feel
like Christmas. We got everything out of the attic and brought it downstairs and put up the tree. We fluffed it up a bit and then somehow managed to get Daddy to put the lights up for us. He was going to dinner with his brothers and his dad so while he was away the three of us decorated the tree with ornaments. We made sure to leave room for Bresa's ornaments. I knew she would want to hang them herself. I was sad she wasn't there to do it with us but I didn't know when I would have time to do it again after I went back to work next week.
I don't really look forward to decorating the tree but once I open the ornament boxes and go through each piece I remember all the stories behind each one. Each of our ornaments has a meaning they bring back such good memories that I don't think about during the year. When we finished our ornaments we admired our work. The tree looks nice but it will look better when Bresa adds hers. The kids have already done some Christmas shopping so I helped them wrap a few presents to put under the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home