&t The Taylor Family: Pre-Easter Bust

Saturday, April 23

Pre-Easter Bust

So there are lots of local churches throwing big Easter things and they all offer different activities but pretty much all of them have an egg hunt for the kids. I was looking in the area and found one in Deltona that went on and on about all the things to do. The times were pretty long so I figured this was our safest bet so after serving for our hour slot at our church's 24 hours of prayer, our Life Group went out to breakfast and then I decided I could take the kids for some outdoor fun. I was wrong. We got to the church and thankfully found a very close and convenient parking spot and then walked over to the festivities. No doubt there was a lot of stuff to do. Several bounce houses, obstacle courses, painting, and on and on. There were several different age hunts of the different age groups so all the kids were supposed to be going at different times. The problem was the first one for us wasn't until another 30 minutes and people were already lining up in the hot sun. No thanks. There were so many people there I could hardly walk without bumping into someone. I had to hold the little hands tightly and make sure we were all together at all times. We found one obstacle course that didn't have a huge line so I told the girls they could go through it. We waited and after the girls were done I told them we weren't going to stay. They were disappointed, of course, because they really wanted to go on the egg hunt but I reassured them the Easter bunny would more than likely leave eggs for their own personal hunt. Later I spoke with my friend who went to the same event and she told me the egg hunt was terrible because the parents push their way through and grab all the eggs for their kids. She said her daughter only got 3 eggs and the place had about 2,500 eggs for each hunt. I was not upset that we left early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home