&t The Taylor Family: Beach Day

Wednesday, July 11

Beach Day

Instead of going to the movies today Lisa and I decided we would take the kiddos to the beach. We were suppose to leave my house at 9 but Lisa was pretty late so we didn't leave until closer to 10. This actually worked out really well for us because as we drove to New Smyrna (just south of Daytona) Beach we could see the the rain clouds building. Once we got to New Smyrna we
got rained on a bit but by the time we parked the car (in a great spot because no one else was there) it was barely sprinkling. We checked the Weather Dopplers on our phones and waited about 10 minutes and then decided we would head to the beach. There were very little drops coming still but we had planned on getting wet anyhow. Lisa and I discussed it and decided we would just take our beach bags to the beach but after we had found a spot I decided to unload
the rest of the car because the dark clouds didn't seem to be coming our way. The kids had a blast playing in the ocean and in the sand. Lisa and I played a little with them and also relaxed in our chairs under my canopy. As the day progressed the sky kept getting bluer and bluer, it was great! Abbi and I made a sand castle and other people at the beach kept coming over
to see it and ask how we made it. It was a really simple drip castle but people seemed to be pretty impressed. The kids had lunchables and watermelon for lunch and enjoyed being able to run out some energy. Our friends gave us some beach toys that their boys outgrew. They all ended up in the backyard at our house but I made sure to at least grab the big yellow
dump truck. Javan had a ball with that truck and even took it swimming in the ocean with him. All the children would have stayed all day if I would have let them but we ended up leaving just after 2 because I had a Pampered Chef party I was hosting and I still had to get a few things together and cleaned up before the guest arrived tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home