&t The Taylor Family: Ahh, turkey

Friday, November 28

Ahh, turkey

There were a couple things I needed for our big dinner before I could start with all the cooking. Peter and I took the girls to Publix which was almost completely empty of people but still had plenty of Thanksgiving supplies available. We picked up our last minute things and then headed home. My mom and Jim gave us our turkey (otherwise we would not have had the traditional dinner) and I was very excited about cooking it up. While things were coming together Peter put the Christmas tree up and while the bird was cooking the girls put the ornaments on the tree. Peter's dad came over for dinner and a game of Carcassone. We had a great meal with all the usual things (except greenbean casserole-gross). I made a pumpkin pie and a couple loaves of pumpkin bread too. The tryptophan combined with yesterday's events and standing in the kitchen all day has gotten to me so I think it's time for bed even though it's pretty early still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home