&t The Taylor Family: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Thursday, March 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Last night I said something to the girls about making sure they wore green today. Bresa looked at me and got all excited because she knew was St. Patrick's Day. She immediately started coming up with ideas for a trap so that she could catch that leprechaun that comes to our house each year. I told her it wasn't a good idea because I really didn't want that leprechaun to come back again. He always leaves a mess and I have to clean it all up. Abbi said they would clean any mess they made and then they set to work trying to figure out the trap. It was already late at this point so they didn't have too much time to work on it and when it got to be 9:00 I told the girls it was time for bed. They were disappointed that they didn't get to finish their trap but they left the gold pebble out to try and lure the leprechaun in anyhow. In the morning I got up at my usual 5 am and got ready in my room, nothing seemed amiss and didn't really think much of the morning. I went to the kitchen and turned on the light to gather my breakfast and lunch so I could head out the door when I saw the milk in the fridge was a weird green color. Flashbacks of the previous St. Patty's Days came flooding back and I ran to the living room to find a HUGE mess all around. The cushions were thrown from the couch and chairs, things were knocked over and even stuff that was in boxes was removed and strewn about. On top of that there was green glitter of probably every single thing the leprechaun had touched! I was not in the best of moods when I saw this big mess but I remembered Abbi's promise to clean it up so I left it as it was and headed to work. When I got home that afternoon the house was pretty much put back together, everything was off the floors and things seemed to be put away. There was glitter still about but I had to vacuum for Life Group tonight anyhow so that didn't bother me much. One thing the girls told me that I hadn't noticed in the morning was that the leprechaun had left green all over all the windows in the kitchen and living room. I suppose I hadn't noticed since it is still dark out when I leave the house but when I came home I could clearly see the evidence the little leprechaun had left. Our friends always tell us stories about cool things the leprechauns leave them and fun things they do but we have never had such luck. I told the girls that maybe the leprechaun gets so naughty at our house because the girls try and trap him all the time. Maybe next year we will be nicer and not set a trap and the leprechaun will come by and leave treats for the girls instead of tricks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home