&t The Taylor Family: Happy Mother’s Day!!

Sunday, May 8

Happy Mother’s Day!!

I woke up this morning to the smell of Ghirardelli chocolate chip pancakes cooking. Moments later Peter brought them to me in bed where I enjoyed my delicious breakfast. Bresa rushed in to give me a bunch of homemade cards and pictures and a little purse she constructed filled with yummy chocolate. We had to run around to get ready for church but we made it just as the band was starting to play (Peter had this week off). After saying goodbye to everyone after the service we collected the children and picked up a quick lunch at Checkers. We went home to eat and then headed to Sanford so I could take back a pair of jeans I had bought that were too short. While we were at the mall we walked around in all the stores I wanted to see but didn’t end up buying anything. The children behaved nicely so when we left there we got them a treat at Panera (and me one too). We walked the strip mall not really looking for anything just enjoying the day. Peter did end up buying me a bunch of clothes, which I am very excited about. We went home shortly after that and just hung out together with no agenda. It was nice to just relax and not have to be rushing to prepare for something next. For dinner Peter made wonderful New York Strip Steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli (my favorite!).
Everything was so good and I ate every last bite. He even made extra so I would have some for my lunch tomorrow. ☺ I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day too; I am truly blessed with my three little dumplings.

*I didn’t know it until the next day but Peter fixed the backlight for my clock in the van. It has been out for probably over 3 years so I when I drive at night I couldn’t see the clock. It required a lot of work and removing the entire dashboard to replace. Also, he replaced with an LED light so it shouldn’t burn out again. I love presents but my favorite presents are the most practical ones, it may sound silly, but for me, this was perfect!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home