&t The Taylor Family: Our 11 Year Anniversary

Friday, August 12

Our 11 Year Anniversary

Today Peter and I celebrate 11 years of marital bliss. Okay, so maybe not all 4,015 days have been quite bliss but most of them have been. Last night Peter and I met up with Christina, Noah, and Reba at Port Orange's Red Robin. My mom stayed back with the children and started packing some things up. This morning I made everyone pancakes and then Peter and I finished packing all the things we wouldn't need for tonight or tomorrow. Mom took the children back to our house before lunch so Peter and I could have some alone time. We didn't really have plans until the evening so we headed to Panera for some lunch and when we got back to the condo it was eerily quiet. We had never been there without the children before so the lack of giggles and yelling was unusual. We didn't stay too long as we had an appointment at a local spa for a couple's massage and they had some heated saltwater pools we could use before or after our treatment. When we found the spa there was a little gift shop in the same parking lot so we wandered around there, taking our time and not rushing. We found a couple little things for the children and a couple things for myself and then headed over to the spa. We checked in and then went to the pools. We sat out and read for a while and then took a dip in the pools. Peter tried the hot pool that was about 102 but I stayed in the warm pool that was about body temperature so that the babies or myself didn't get too hot. The pools were like oversized spas as they had lots of forceful jets and lots of seating so you could enjoy them. After we took our dip we got out and read some more. I tried the cucumber eye treatment that was supplied while I relaxed by one of the waterfalls. Everything was so peaceful. When it was time for our massages two ladies found us out by the pool and took us upstairs to a very quiet and dark room that had rose petals spread all around. I had a prenatal massage since I am pregnant. Your bones are more brittle during pregnancy since all the nutrients first goes to the baby (babies) so I couldn't have anything too intense. Peter had a Swedish Massage. It was the first time for either of us to have a professional massage done but we have had lots of our friends rave about them. After our 50 minute massages Peter and I got to enjoy some chocolate covered strawberries, champagne (Sprite for me) and nice warm bubble bath. When it was time to go we didn't want to move, I could have easily fallen asleep. Since we aren't from the area we weren't really sure where to go for dinner but a couple people recommended The Garlic so we decided to give it a try. The food was good but a bit pricey for what you got. We didn't stay there too long since our seats were outside and had no breeze and it was really hot. When we got back to the condo we decided to go swimming once again and enjoyed another quiet relaxing dip as the sun set. Peter and I both love the children but it is so nice to get away and only have each other to talk and listen to. Happy Anniversary Hottie!! I love you so much more than I could ever express!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home